Thursday, January 24, 2008

Significance

So now that I've had the same dream about 5 times now, I figured it's worth writing about. I can remember 4 of them specifically.

The dreams I have follow the same formula: I find myself in the United States somewhere and all of a sudden realize I need to get back to Thailand immediately.

One of the dreams had me at Del Rey Hills Church where I was meeting a bunch of old friends. They asked me how Thailand was and were surprised to see me back. I all of a sudden realized I had come back to the US too early and had to get back to Thailand.

I was back in Westchester when I realized I needed to get a flight back to Thailand immediately. I had a large backpack on and began running up El Manor then down Sepulveda towards the airport.

I just entered the LMU gym and passed by Garret Garton from some of my LMU classes. He was asking what I had been doing after graduation. I told him I was teaching in Thailand but I was back here for a little break, but then realized I had to get back and the dream ended.

Last night the dream came in two parts. First I made a surprise visit to my family who were living in futuristic apartment. I rang the doorbell and my Dad answered and unenthusiastically led me into the small main room where my Mom and brother were. They were all standing watching a small flat screen TV on the wall and were totally disinterested in me or the fact that I had just came back from Thailand. There was a large flight of wooden stairs leading up to a large wooden hut sort of building in the middle of a bunch of green fields. I was a the top when Paddy (the new science teacher) appeared and asked me what I was doing here. I all of sudden realized it was April and I had come back to the US way too early. "We've got to get back to Thailand now!", I shouted. I jumped in a para gliding device and we were wisped away.

Strange dreams. I would say they are a product of my recent research and planning for when I come home, but I didn't start that till lately and I've been having these dreams since I first arrived in Chiang Mai. I have so many opportunities and so many different things that I could do that I'm getting overly excited I think. Currently I'm planning a trip to Indonesia, looking at moving to Argentina in July for a few months, and looking for jobs when I return to the US. It's so much to think about at one time, but I'm so overwhelmed with the freedom that I have. I can do anything I want! I can go anywhere in the world if I want! I have absolutely nothing holding me down (except my commitment to apply and attend medical school).

1 comment:

Jules said...

no doubt you're supposed to be in Thailand right now. someone or something keeps sending strong vibes.